CW's Life in Maryville

Life in East Tennessee... not so much Richmond... definitely not Santa Barbara... so where am I...? "Am I in heaven here or am I in hell... At the crossroads I am standing (Sarah McLachlan)...." All depends on the day, folks... which you'll see if you keep reading....

Name:
Location: Maryville, Tennessee, United States

From Richmond, Virginia originally... married to Shane... mom to Tabitha... Known as "Aunt Crystal" to Awesome Niece Alex (born 2001) and Amazing Nephew Sam (born 2004)... Attended Univ. of Richmond... Graduate degrees from Univ. of CA Santa Barbara...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

17 hours to closing....

Wow... 17 hours until I close on my first house... I can't believe it. There have been a few glitches along the way, but it all looks good... even went for walk-through today, and the guy's stuff was packed up in boxes... that's certainly a good sight to see! :) Tonight my friend Heather and I went to Home Depot and got a million color samples then went to Atlanta Bread Company and figured out paint colors for the entire house! There is some work to be done, but I'm excited about getting started and even more excited about settling in eventually... but who told me I should buy a house and go up for tenure all in the first month of the school year!??!?

Not sure what else to report... but here are some tidbits....

I am crazy busy at the College this semester but happy. Feeling more balanced, even though I'm just as busy. Keeping things in perspective a little more, I suppose.

I did take a break to spend a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Annapolis with two great friends from high school, Chris Nguyen and Terry Vithoulkas. Another friend, Amy Gilday (now Pesa - married in April!), couldn't make it this time, but we had a blast out on Terry's boat and at his place grillin' burgers and drinking beer for four days... just what I needed!

I have a friend from Governor's School, Patrick Gendusa, who has had a horrible time dealing with Hurricane Katrina - he lived in the French Quarter and has now relocated a couple of times to various relatives' places in other areas of Louisiana. A friend here in Maryville has family from New Orleans. His mother, father, and brother have come to live with him and his wife and baby... until... whenever. So sad.

Hope you all are well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home