First Night in Da House
Stayed at the house for the first time last night. Fun, fun! Bed is still in the middle of the room b/c I only have one coat of paint on the bedroom walls as yet, but it's fabulous! Nice to wake up there. Master BR is definitely bigger than my old room... I love the walk down the hallway to the kitchen/livingroom/den areas. My bedspread is this great combination of royal blue velvet stripes and satin silver/gray stripes and yes, sequin-y beaded looking areas. It literally sparkles when you look in from the doorway... so, the walls are a smoky blue to bring out that color in the bedspread. The den needs one more coat on one wall. Living room and kitchen are all painted. The guest room and office need to be sanded b/c of the previous wacky striped paint job (blue in one room and pink in the other). That may take a while, but in the meantime the office is all set up with two desks, a bookshelf, and a futon. Very nice.... TOTALLY SWAMPED at work right now... deadline was extended on tenure dossier until 10/17, thank God, but I'm just 24/7 right now, sleeping literally 3-5 hours per night... up writing exams or grading exams or painting the bedroom or whatever.... Hope you all are well... more soon, I hope!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home