Anniversaries
Tomorrow will be the three-year anniversary of my mom's passing -- in this picture, she's with my niece Alex (now 6-1/2) and my nephew Sam (now 4). I miss her and think about her every day. There isn't much else to say but that at this point, I suppose. I do see more and more of her mannerisms and approach to life and family and parenting in my own habits, which is interesting. When she was my age (I've always loved to play this game), she had a 19-year-old (me) and a 16-year-old (my sister). I have a 13-year old and hope to have other little ones eventually. In many ways, things are a lot easier for me than they were for her, and every year I realize more and more the little lessons and bits of wisdom I absorbed from her over the years.And today is my grandparents' wedding anniversary. My grandfather passed away a number of years ago now, but my grandmother is 76 now and living in Richmond with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.
And the days and years continue to go by....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home