CW's Life in Maryville

Life in East Tennessee... not so much Richmond... definitely not Santa Barbara... so where am I...? "Am I in heaven here or am I in hell... At the crossroads I am standing (Sarah McLachlan)...." All depends on the day, folks... which you'll see if you keep reading....

Name:
Location: Maryville, Tennessee, United States

From Richmond, Virginia originally... married to Shane... mom to Tabitha... Known as "Aunt Crystal" to Awesome Niece Alex (born 2001) and Amazing Nephew Sam (born 2004)... Attended Univ. of Richmond... Graduate degrees from Univ. of CA Santa Barbara...

Friday, March 03, 2006

Step by Step

So, another 6 weeks have passed... such is life... and I'm taking a few minutes on a hectic Fri. afternoon to do a quick "catch up," although I can't imagine how I'll do it....

The biggest news, and the primary focus of my energy and efforts and emotion since the last blog, is Shane... I told you in the last entry that you'd be hearing more about him... indeed you will...! Things between us have been amazingly easy and perfect and without a glitch since Day 1. I have spent much time with his 11-year old daughter and have so enjoyed getting to know her... like her dad and me, she and I seem to have a special connection and to be pretty similar in a lot of ways, which helps things to roll along pretty smoothly... so, I'm not sure what else to say here except that if you check back over the next few weeks and months, I think you'll find some pretty big news on that front....

Other than that, teaching is going well... I'm really enjoying both classes this semester, one being Social Psychology and the other being a Senior Seminar on the possible link between mental illness and creative genius. I gave an invited talk at a conference in Atlanta last weekend and enjoyed a week in Santa Barbara and Palm Springs attending a conference and visiting with Diane and the boys out there. And now I'm very much looking forward to spring break and the annual beach trip to Outer Banks, NC with my sister and her family and a half-dozen of our friends - should be fun! I miss Alex (4) and Sam (almost 2) so much and can't wait to play with them for a whole week! :) Shane and his daughter will be renting a house there during the same week, so we'll all get to play together!

Hope you are all well... please drop me a line to catch me up on your lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home