Shane's Daughter
I am having such a great time lately getting to know Shane's daughter and can't wait to spend next week at the beach with the two of them and Becky, Pearson, Alex, and Sam. Last night we went to see STOMP at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium, and it was great! I got us tickets for her 11th bday, which was in January, just before I met her. Anyway, she couldn't decide whether to dress up in this velvety red skirt or just go casual and wear this purple sweater with a purple hair tie I had bought her. She didn't have dress shoes at Dad's, so she would have to wear tennis shoes with her skirt. She said, "Will it look weird?" I said, "Someone will always think we look weird, whatever we wear. Who cares? You can wear tennis shoes if you want to!" :) It was so fun. She agreed, and we dressed up, her in her tennis shoes and velvety skirt then kept talking the whole night about how she looked like a "woman about town," a "woman with places to go," and one of those stock brokers or lawyers in a big city with her suit and tennis shoes on. :) I love being a (step-)mom.
On another note, I'm so excited to see my old friends from Governor's School this weekend... Sarah, Dwayne, Ed, Lori, etc... Fun, fun! We'll miss Katie, who can't come back this year, and other friends who won't be back as well... sad... and it will be good to catch up with Heather, too, who is flying out on the same flight with me probably and works with me at the College... but we've been so busy lately that we've barely had time to catch up with each other... ironically, this planning weekend away will give us more time to finally catch up!
Well... time to go... I have much to do before a 12;30 faculty mtg, then Shane will be here soon after that to take Heather and me to the airport...!!!!
On another note, I'm so excited to see my old friends from Governor's School this weekend... Sarah, Dwayne, Ed, Lori, etc... Fun, fun! We'll miss Katie, who can't come back this year, and other friends who won't be back as well... sad... and it will be good to catch up with Heather, too, who is flying out on the same flight with me probably and works with me at the College... but we've been so busy lately that we've barely had time to catch up with each other... ironically, this planning weekend away will give us more time to finally catch up!
Well... time to go... I have much to do before a 12;30 faculty mtg, then Shane will be here soon after that to take Heather and me to the airport...!!!!

1 Comments:
Awww...isn't he just the sweetest...? It hasn't escaped me, by the way, that last Mother's Day I knew I was losing my mother, and this Mother's Day will be my first AS a mother....
Post a Comment
<< Home